through the microbiota
Total Health Care
DCNBio develops and produces Saccharomyces boulardii which is most clinically proven probiotics and is researching next-generation probiotics by regulating enzyme activity and identifying immune-modulating probiotics products.
Through this, we will develop a microbiota-derived therapeutic product that can be applied not only for gastrointestinal diseases but also for metabolic and degenerative brain diseases based on the Microbiome-Gut-Brain Axis.
In addition, we will lead the era of personalized medicine by using gut microbiota analysis and developing a fecal microbiota functional analyzer.
- National Chonnam University
- Head of Probiotics business, Ildong Pharmaceutical
- Established Ildong Bioscience
- Korea University
- Industrial Bank of Korea
- Yunhap Capital
- CHUNG-ANG University
- Hyundai Motors Service Engineer
- Cummins Korea CS Manager
- Bosch Korea Key Account Manager
- Delphi Korea Country Manager
- M.D., Wonkwang University College of Medicine
- Ph.D., Catholic University Graduate school
- Former professor, Gastroenterology, Wonkwang University College of Medicine
- Post-Doctoral fellowship, UCLA, Digestive diseases research center,
Center for neurobiology of stress
- Basic section editor, J Neurogastroenterol Motil
- Scientific committee, Asian Neurogastroenterolgy and Motility Association,
Korean Society of Neurogastroenterology
- Master of Biotechnology, KAIST
- Ph.D. Biotech, France
- Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology Senior
- Researcher, Biosynthesis Research Center
- Founding member of GenoFocus (Main Shareholder)
Professor (Jeju Univ.)
- Tokyo University
- Ph.D., Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology
- University of Minnesota
- Professor of Jeju National University, School of Life Sciences
Professor (Seoul Univ.)
- Doctor of Medicine, Seoul National Univ.
- Professor, Cardiology, Seoul National Univ. College of Medicine (Boramae Hospital)
Professor (Seoul Univ.)
- M.D., Seoul National University College of Medicine
- Ph.D., Seoul National University, Graduate school
- Professor, Gastroenterology, Seoul National University College of Medicine
- President, Gangnam Center, Seoul National University Hospital
Professor (Ulsan Univ.)
- M.D., Chonnam National University College of Medicine
- Ph,.D,, University of Ulsan Graduate school
- Professor of Endocrinology, University of Ulsan College of Medicine (Gangneung Asan Hospital)
- Loma Linda University, Musculoskeletal Disease Center
boulardii, which relies entirely on imports from overseas. DCNBio has
developed the technology for mass production of S. boulardii by specialized
fermentation and drying methods.
worldwide global market through DNCbio's unique sales network connected to
China, Russia, and Southeast Asia.
expand the therapeutic indication to metabolic syndromes such as
non-alcoholic fatty liver and hypercholesterolemia.
individual gut microbiota with the latest techniques such as next-generation
sequencing and providing customized probiotics
and other probiotics
- Genetic engineering technology
- Selective activation of bacterial/fungal enzyme technology
- Development of immune-modulating paraprobiotics
brain diseases on the microbiome-gut-brain axis
- Clinical Study on the Role of gut microbiota in Korean patients with
(2nd half of 2019 ~ 1st half of 2020, Department of Neurology & Digestive
Disease Research Institute, Wonkwang University Hospital, Iksan, Korea)
- Selection of candidate strains for pharmabiotics from
<KRIBB Korean healthy library> based on the clinical research.
- Preclinical in vitro and in vivo study
(Wonkwang Digestive Diseases Research Institute)
- Development of portable and simple gut microbiota functional
analyzer using stool.
- It can replace the conventional analysis methods for the function of
gut microbiota and their metabolites that can only be performed
with large-scale equipment.
for functional gastrointestinal disorders
with food big data
- Collaboration with Gut & Food Healthcare,
which is a digital
therapeutics start-up company for patients with functional
gastrointestinal disorders and has collected big data about the
symptom and food relationship.
(to be established in 2020)
Number of Researchers: 1 doctoral student,
1 master's student, etc. (Total 3~4 people)
College of Medicine, Wonkwang University
Director: Moon-Young Lee M.D.,Ph.D., Department of Physiology,
Wonkwang University School of Medicine
Workforce: 1 M.D./Ph.D. 1 M.D./MSc.,1, 1 Ph.D., 1 MSc.,
Function Research Center
Jaejun Song Dr. LAB
DCN bio Seoul
101-5, GBSA ,1 FL, KT Bundang Bldg, 779-6 Seongnam-ro, Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si,
Tel. 00-000-0000 / Fax. 00-000-0000
for the future with DC Health Bio, the Total Health Care Company that realizes 100 years of
health through microbiome. Search for a way for business / cooperation through inquiry.